Saturday, March 27, 2010

Blue Book Value

My verdict on the Blue Book blouse? Worth it! The ruffles and slightly puffy sleeves are darling! It is on the sheer side, and low cut, so a cami is probably in order. I'm wearing this in a size 0.
I don't know if you can tell in these photos, but the dots on this skirt are more ivory/beige then they are white. I am a matchy-matchy girl. Do you think the white of the blouse is too bright IRL to pair these two pieces together?

On the other hand, I can't say the $58 was warranted for this tee. At least not on me. The fit was just overall too big - at the neck, and especially at the bottom, it really bagged and floated away more then I would have liked. This is a size XS. The print is really cute, and I love the fold over neckline, but the material was not overly soft and it's a bit too long on my frame. This one is going back. Reluctantly.

Sea's Epitome Shirt

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, I had to say I gave a big smile at the title of your post, cute! And speaking of cute, the Blue Book blouse and the Scalloped Dots skirt look *amazing* together on you. I don't think the shades of white need to match exactly, they seem close enough from the photo, and the overall look of them paired together is truly adorable. Great outfit!

Peggy said...

I love the skirt and blouse together! Looks great!

Dea said...

Wow Jan, you look so stinkin' cute! That outfit is perfect and both pieces look great on you. I love the pairing and don't mind the difference of the whiteness. Also, good call on not moving forward with the Sea's Epitome Shirt, as it runs big and seems to overwhelm you!

Debye said...

I don't think many people could pull it that top and blouse but you totally can!

It is too bad the other top didn't work out but I LOVE respending my return money!

Sara-You, Me and Anthropologie said...

I love the Sea's Epitome Tee with that skirt. In the pic they look like they go together really well. I was planning on buying the Blue Book Blouse in blue, but now you're making me want the white one so I can wear it with that skirt!

Sara-You, Me and Anthropologie said...

I meant Blue Book Blouse! Oops!

Pamela said...

The top and skirt looks great together!

Pamela said...

Please check my blog, I'm leaving you an award :)

www.gingergirl4242.blogspot.com

GingerSnap said...

I love the polka dot skirt! It's really darling on you. I'm a petite too and it's a tough world to shop in at times! Thankfully, there is more selection now then there has been in the past... :)

Maria said...

Um, LOVELY! I will need to pair my Blue Book Blouse with my Scalloped Dots skirt, pronto!