A: When you are 5ft tall and it suddenly becomes a dress
Surprisingly, this Ruffles Everywhere Tunic is actually the perfect length to throw on with leggings. I did try it with tights, but modesty would prevent me from wearing anything that short, especially when bending over to pick things up (toys everywhere, all the time) is a big part of my day ;)
I have lots of other sale goodies to report on - but my camera is taking a field trip with Harrison tonight, when he heads to the Sixers game!
7 comments:
Cute! I like it with the leggings you have on. I'm looking at that tunic/dress differently now....
wow, that looks GREAT on you!!!!! I personally think that full length leggings might be better, but that's not saying the capri ones look bad-because they don't! I just think the full length legging would make your legs look longer. Just my 2cents. I agree with Spiffy, you are totally making take a second look at this tunic!
Thanks for weighing in girls! Pamela, that was my concern too - that maybe the capri length was one more element in this outfit chopping me off...I'll have to try the full length after I do the laundry...cant promise that will be any time soon - lol. This top really is comfy for bopping around - I'm glad I gave it a shot!
Jan,
My name is Lizzy and I am friends with Monique. That is how I found your fun blog. I, too, am petite (only 4'11") and always struggle with finding clothes that fit. However, you must be quite a bit skinnier than me as I cannot wear a size 0. Where do you look for your petite clothing?
Super cute, Jan. I love the leggings, but long would be cute too.
Hey Jan,
Just found your blog. I was the one who pointed you out to a Montgolfier skirt in Jax, Fl., but I think you said you got it elsewhere.
I hope you post pix when you receive the skirt. I am 4'11" and I didn't like the length on me. It was really cute though! I thought about this tunic/dress for me, but I'm a bit older, so don't know if it fits the age.
Cute blog! I'd love to see more of how the Anthro things fit on you, too. I'm still wishing I bought more when I visited the folks back in Jax. My next anthro visit will be to Atlanta, GA the end of this month. Can't wait!!!
Hi Lizzy & Gemma and thanks for chiming in!
Lizzy - I shop anywhere and everywhere for tops, I usually prefer regular tops vs. petite, because I feel less boxy in them. For bottoms I have the best luck at Banana Republic, Ann Taylor Loft, Lucky jeans in their short inseam...where else...what I really need is a good tailor! I try to check the length on skirts before ordering online - I do best in 22" and shorter. I'm a pretty conservative dresser, so I don't mind extra length in skirts and dresses for the most part.
Gemma - I hope the Montgolfier is okay - it was such an impulse buy for me, I was a sucker for those cute hot air balloons, and with a steep markdown, I couldn't resist! I'll try it on and take a picture for the blog when it comes. I have a bunch of new stuff from Anthro that I will try to play around with this week and post - mostly sale scores :)
Post a Comment