Monday, March 15, 2010

strike up the band{wagon}!

It's a (very!) good thing that my Target was sold out of the Liberty of London Women's Cruiser because no amount of self-restraint would have been enough to keep me from bringing one home. How impossibly CUTE is that thing???

I was excited to see all the pretty clothing in person. I was drawn to the color of the Isis Print Ruffle Neck Top

The quality seemed great, and the XS fit me really well but in the end, I really didn't need this one (that's my husbands voice of reason in my head, not my own!) I was tempted, though.

The Pleated Dress in Jumper Print I really wanted to love. But it swallowed me up and was too long. Too bad, so sad. This print is by far my favorite of the entire line.

So much so that I had to own something in it! This tankini (I don't see it online, each piece was $19.99) is amazingly soft and the halter neck can be cinched up really tightly for a good fit up top. I tried on both the XS and Small tops, and decided the small was more forgiving over my tummy area. I took the bottoms in an XS, and even though I prefer skirted swim bottoms, these do at least offer full coverage and don't feel like they would ride up at all.

I made sure to peek at the umbrellas, wallets, bags and houseware goodies - but I behaved myself. I cannot stop thinking about the bike though. Think they'll restock them online?

11 comments:

Pamela said...

hello hot mama! That bathing suit looks awesome on you! (I hope that didn't come off as creepy bc it wasn't meant to!!)

I can see where the dresses wouldn't work for petites. The lengths just made it for me and I'm 5'6". But that bathing suit looks awesome and I agree, that print is one of my favs.

Jan Russell said...

LOL Pamela, not at all! Just extremely, extremely kind ;)

Sara-You, Me and Anthropologie said...

I thought I'd come visit your blog! I just found out how to find your blog or else I would have been here sooner. You are too cute! I just got back from Target and all of the small sizes were gone in all the dresses and swim suits. That swim suit looks great on you!

Gemma said...

I like that first top. The bathing suit has such a cute print also. I decided not to check out Target and try to save $ for a good Anthro sale...but that first top...tempting.

Kim said...

I totally loaded up on Liberty stuff this weekend - I was the first one at my Target on Sunday morning! I LOVE that suit and got it and the blue tankini as well. Isn't the fabric awesome? I think you should get the peacock top - it's really cute for $19.99. Too bad the dress didn't work - but I can see how it would be too big because I needed the XS and I'm certainly bigger than you.

Peggy said...

wow, great on the restraint!! I went all out on this line! It's great to see they are making more modest swimsuits! Yeah for LOL!

Jess said...

You are too cute. I might hate you.

Did you say umbrellas? I want one and I want that bike too. Soooo bad.

just a random aside: the word verification is "goutful" ewwwww. What's up with that on a blog this wonderful?

SRP said...

work it girl! you look fab!

I am nervous about the dresses I ordered, general consensus seems to be that they are not petite friendly....surprise surprise!

Anonymous said...

What size is your two sides blouse?

Jan Russell said...

Hi Pink Cupcake! My Both Sides Blouse is size XS - hope that helps :)

Ashley Wilson said...

You look awesome it that swim suit! You are super brave for posting a pic in a swim suit- I don't know if I could. I went to Target today and I also knew if I saw the bike I couldn't go home without it. Good thing for my husband they were sold out :). I only got one home decor item from liberty of london, but I totally wish I would have gotten a swim suit now!