Wednesday, September 22, 2010

ROYGBV - Orange OOTD

Day two of the rainbow challenge, which means we are on the color orange. I love even bright orange, but most especially I am a fan of the pumpkin tones.

I wasn't able to find the In A Twinkling Dress in a size 0, but for $30 I was more then willing to try the size 2. Happily, it's just fine when I throw a belt around it, and eventually I'll bring it to have the straps shortened, like on it's sister dress, the Vappu.

Anthropologie In a Twinkling Dress (still some in stores!)
J. Crew Cardigan
J.Crew Belt
Target Shoes (which are not the ones I wanted to wear, but I could only find one of the shoe I did want to wear in my closet this morning) (FRUSTRATING!!!)

Book Club ran super late last night, and I had to be out the door super early this morning for See You at the Pole at Harrison's school. And now I'm racing out the door to soccer. It's been a day.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty outfit!

Cindi said...

I absolutely love this outfit!!! I want to copy it somehow but I don't have the in a twinkling dress. Haha.

Lorraine said...

Jan, you look lovely as usual. I will definitely be copying this look. I love it!

Jessica said...

I love orange on you and wish I could pull it off. And I love the In a Twinkling dress, it is so versatile!

Kathryn said...

I just LOVE this outfit! You look so adorable!

Aaaaaand now I shall proceed to cruise the 'net for an orange cardi. *whistles innocently*

Jenni said...

THis is adorable on you girl! I love the sweater and belt with the dress. THis is one of those dresses I keep seeing everyone wear and wish I would have scooped up. Your rainbow theme is super fun this week..I was totally looking forward to orange today!! =) Hope you can relax som tonight!

LRA said...

Super lovely outfit----book club, huh? whatcha reading? I am always looking for book ideas:)

SRP said...

so you don't feel the itch? I'm jealous, I wanted that dress to work soooo bad! I love how you styled it - so pretty. Do you have bangs? have you always had bangs? sometimes i'm completely oblivious...

Melissa said...

This outfit is so sweet! You look absolutely ladylike and demure. So beautiful!

Collette Osuna said...

You look so pretty in the dress:)
Orange isnt an easy color to wear...it looks great on you....and I feel your pain about the missing shoe thing....I always find ONE...my mom always told me if one is in there, the other isnt far behind?? lol....not always true!!

l said...

absolute best color ever!!! I think light pink and navy were my favorites but now I don't know. This is an amazing shade without being too pumpkiny or fall-y haha :)

Carol said...

Oh, Jan, you're so pretty! This outfit is really just perfect! Well done! =D And despite being second choice, these shoes are great!

Cat said...

That pumpkin color is so perfectly fall. I think I need to add that too my rainbow. Thx for the inspiration.

Pamela said...

that dress was too itchy for me
:(

I love it!! And the pumpkin color is the best orange of all. It's so pretty and goes so perfect with the dress. You look lovely!

triciathomas said...

I LOVE this outfit on you! You are so beautiful!!!

Erin said...

I just love this outfit on you, Jan! You look great! :)
I'm with Cat, I totally need to add this pumpkiny-orange color to my wardrobe. I can see myself wearing it while drinking a Pumpkin Spice Latte and basking in the glory that is Fall :)

Unknown said...

I adore the idea to wear a rainbow in a week! So cute. Pumpkin orange is perfect with the gold and cream of the In A Twinkling dress. It reminds me of fall soups weirdly enough!
Orange is a very under appreciated colour in fashion, I find. I would love to own more orange pieces.

Michelle@DomesticationoftheSingleGirl said...

I love this outfit. I'd copy it if I looked half as good in orange as you do! ;D

Debbie said...

I love pumpkin tones too. And pumpkin muffins. haha ;-)
I like that cardigan with the In A Twinkling Dress. That dress is proving to be much more versatile than I would have guessed! I love all the different colors that I've been seeing bloggers pair it with. Your look is perfect for fall!

Jamie - Thrifty Threads said...

You look adorable in the rusty-orange color of that sweater. I so wish I could wear pumpkin shades!

Megan said...

You made my weekly fav. blogger outfit feature today. :) http://chasingdavies.blogspot.com/2010/09/favorite-blogger-outfit-roygbv.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ChasingDavies+%28Chasing+Davies%29

I might have to try this clothing challenge next week! :)