Tuesday, June 8, 2010

101 - What Haven't We Covered Yet?

Post #101, and you've probably gotten to know me a bit through the daily ramblings...

I am a mom of three crazy boys, and I mean that literally
I live in the suburbs clearly, not the city.

Mom is my job title, and greatest privilege in life.
Most days I'm running after kids, running errands, and running up the credit card bill...
Anything else you'd like to know about me? This is your chance to ask me anything! I love getting to know more about bloggers, and I admit that I am a nosy-body and have enjoyed reading similar posts and having my questions answered. Plus, you've got to do something when you hit a milestone on your blog - so there ya go!

24 comments:

Michelle Q said...

No questions right now, but I just want to say you have a GORGEOUS family! Your boys are adorable - I have two of my own (5 and almost 2) and mama, do I understand the crazy.

BTW, LOVE that dress. I tried it on when it went on sale and could barely get it zipped up. But on you, perfection. LOVE your blog!

Ashley Wilson said...

Ok these pictures are sooooo adorable! And you look gorgeous! The cockadoodle dress is perfection. And your hair looks beautiful! Anyway,I would love to hear your and your hubby's love story- you know how you met,how it all started. I'm a romantic (and I'm nosy too).

Peggy said...

Jan - love this post! It's so great to see you and your whole family! You look beautiful! Who took your photos?

Kim said...

I love reading your blog! I am a mom of 2 crazy boys so I can def. relate to your postings :-) Your family is so adorable! I would love for you to share your beauty secrets- especially if they are quick & easy. I am having a hard time looking pulled together lately (esp. w/my hair) & I just don't have the time in the morning to really fuss w/ it...what are your secrets? Thanks!

Amber's Notebook said...

Omg what an adorable
family!!'
you look so happy with all your boys!

Gemma said...

I love your family pictures! You have a beautiful family, the boys are gorgeous!

So, you have 3 boys...will you try for a 4th in hopes of a girl? (I know it's still early, being your youngest isn't even one yet, but in time)

We think of trying for a 3rd, but if it's a girl, I wouldn't know what to do! Not that I would mind at all to have a girl, but it would probably scare me a bit since I'm used to boys. Plus, we have 4 nephews no nieces.

triciathomas said...

Those pictures are BEAUTIFL!!! They catch such sweet moments! So I want to know more about you... where did you and your hubby meet? how long did you date? you know the whole love story, or any part of it you are comfortable sharing! Something else I am always interested in knowing is life before kids... did you go to college? have a career? travel the world? Just because you are a mom now does not mean you did not have a life before!

Jessica said...

What beautiful pics for a beautiful family. I love your cockadoodle dress too and all of your outfits go together perfectly.

Cat said...

You're family is GORGEOUS. I love when bloggers do this because I'm always curious about other people too. I'd love to know more about your interests outside of family and shopping. I know other anthro bloggers, myself include, are not as one dimensional as we may appear :)

Debye said...

The pics came out gorgeous, I love the dress with the barn in the background!!!

I want to hear your love story too! Plus, where did you grow up!

Erin said...

I love this post - can't wait to read your answers! I just have to tell you I tried the front twist you do with your hair today and love it! :) Thanks for the inspiration!

Jenni said...

Wow--love these cute family pictures! So adorable! You look beautiful! So I have three boys just like you---I have to know, are you done having kids? I am! Knowing that my body isn't gonna go up and down from anymore pregnancies assures me that I can now buy clothes I'll ALWAYS fit into...as long as I keep running! =) PS--DO you work out? Cause you look great!!! When do you find time? I wake up just before 6am 3 times a week to run 4 miles...it's my "me" time!

SRP said...

you are such a cute momma!
I am curious about the type of work you did before staying home to be a full time mom... how did your style/aesthetic differ when you were working or was it the same?
For what it's worth, I'm so glad to have "met" you and congrats on 101!

Kali Ramey Martin said...

You look so cute in that dress and in these photos!

kate said...

I recently stumbled upon your blog and LOVE it! You are darling and wow, what a gorgeous family you have!

I also want to know what Jenni asked above-- do you work out? (And if so, doing what and how often?) You look great for having three young boys! I was reading through some of your recent posts and read your confession about liking only two vegetables! How in the world do you stay so tiny and SLEEK?! Seriously. Please share your tips (and secrets)! Thanks-- I look forward to following your blog!

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are so good. I enjoy your blog because I have kids similar age as yours. Also, I am about your size and have the same issues with clothes. I was wondering what your top 3 favorite purchases were and why? Sorry its a duplicate question.

joni said...

So I stumbled across your blog a few days ago and Love Love Love it! Can't wait to see what fabulous outfit you put together next! My fav blog was why can't J.Russell and J.Crew be BFF's well because unfortunately J.Micklos and J.Crew are!! LOL! My fav store/online especially has the best deals :) thank goodness for credit cards! I just think you are so adorable and your taste is amazing I can't believe how many cardis we have alike! What color is the J.Crew ruffle cardi, like a peachy stone color? I have it in my shopping cart but wanted to make sure I have the right color. Can't wait for more CLOTHING PIX!!!
Question: am I not so bright? What is OOTD?

Sara Jane said...

Cute family pictures. I think your boys are adorable. I would like to know how you care (wash) for your clothes. Do you always follow the cleaning instructions or do you find you can get away with machine washing some things that say hand wash?

What are the most comfortable shoes you own?

LRA said...

Just wanted to echo that your family is absolutely darling, and gorgeous! What great shots!! I hope you framed some of these!! Love your daily outfits, and just love reading your blog.
What about handbags---I am just curious what bags you are using and loving...

greatbleuheron said...

I have just started following your and other Anthropologie-focused blogs in the past several weeks, and this is the first comment I've ever posted. Your post today made me feel it was time! You're so generous to share so much of your life with readers. I really liked learning more about you. Thanks again. --Beth

Carol said...

What a beautiful family! Wonderful photos, Jan!

Tifani said...

Your family is just amazingly beautiful. I have a question. Are you as funny in real life as you are on the internet?

slickwilly said...

what a beautiful family! one question for you -- you're open about how much an item of clothing costs and what you spent on it....will you share what your clothing budget is or what you actually spend per month/year? as a SAHM i always feel like those stores are way out of my league.

Jan Russell said...

Slickwilly - let it suffice to say - TOO MUCH! I do spend quite a bit on clothing each year, but the whole picture is broader then that - we don't vacation much, I don't spend money on other hobbies, we rarely eat out, I don't splurge on luxuries like a cleaning lady or regular pedicures, etc. I hesitate to put an actual number on it, because if my husband reads the blog it will be very incriminating - lol. Plus, I don't want to know- lalalalalalalalalalala ;)