Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Easy OOTD, Tricky Blogger Template

I am having major blogger angst at the moment! Can anyone help me before I get a hammer and smash my computer screen? For some reason all of my information that used to be in the right-hand column of this blog is now at the bottom of the page and I can't seem to fix it! SO FRUSTRATING!!! I go into my toolbar to add/arrange page elements and everything is shown where it should be - on the right hand side. I click save, I click apply to blog, and then there it is still on the bottom! I don't get it? What happened, and how do I get it back???? Can anyone help me?

Here is what it looks like when I go into add/arrange page elements

blogger angst

Fashion Trends & Styles - Polyvore
but as you can see from my blog, all of the archives/followers/labels/etc. are now on the bottom. Banging my head.

.....moving on to much more simple things.....my outfit of the day is as easy as it gets! I recently bought this tee from Banana Republic and I adore the pretty detail - it really dresses up your basic white tee.

I can't find it online, but my store had tons, so yours probably does too ;)


Banana Republic Tee (very similar here)
J.Crew Broken-In Chino (old)
J. Crew Grosgrain Wedge Flip-Flop

7 comments:

Cat said...

Argh! My blogger template has been funny too. I've just resolved to leave it alone before I screw it up too much. Sorry, wish I could help you out. Love your comfy outfit :)

Michelle Q said...

ARGH! That's so frustrating. Blogger does that to me too - never mind that I can never get the pictures in my posts to stay where I want them to. I just give up because, like you, I'd just destroy my computer from frustration.

Your OOTD is so cute and comfy! Looks great!

triciathomas said...

Great outfit!!! I have had issues with blogger (we all do!) I think I have an idea of how to fix it but wuold spend like 10 years explaining it!!! I am still not sure I would be right so... where I go for ALL blog related problems? The best site ever!! http://sneakymommablogdesign.blogspot.com/

Hopefully that will help!

Jessica said...

Hey, I just googled your problem and found this page...

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/blogger/thread?tid=1497cc8a166f3b79&hl=en

It appears Axes Designs had the same problem you did and her blog is fixed now. You probably need to fix it in the html code by following the instruction below her comment or maybe contact her through her blog and see if she can help you?

by the way, cute outfit! Hope that helps!

Peggy said...

Great white tee! I could wear a great white shirt every day of summer!

Jan Russell said...

Tricia and Jessica - thank you for the tips and links, I am a true html dummy, but I'm trying to figure it out - it's so annoying! I will keep working at it!

Jan Russell said...

Wheeeeeeeeeeee! IT'S FIXED!!!!

Jessica - I actually tried tinkering with my html as suggested in the link you posted, but wasn't having any success, BUT I remembered you said you googled the problem, and so I thought I would do the same and see what turned up. Right away I found another solution, saying that a posted image was probably too wide (in my case, the yellow shoe polyvore) and that was bumping everything on the page. I deleted that blog post and viola! Problem fixed! Easy Peasy! I am so happy - really it was making me bonkers. Thank you again for your smart advice!!!