The Saltpan Bermuda's were featured on the cover of Anthropologie in March 2007 and I had to have them. It was the polka dots that did me in.
When I received them they were way too long. Actually, they were big in the waist too, which made them sit even lower on my hips and thus making the length pretty ridiculous. Despite their ill fit I still wore them on vacation.... A lapse in fashion judgement for sure!
And then I retired them to my closet, not to be worn again. Love them as I might, I did not enjoy looking like a frumpy-stumpy when I wore them.
Finally, last week I decided to take them (and several other pairs of bermuda's) to the dry cleaners and inquire about a hem. I am horrible about taking my clothes in for alterations. And when she rung up my total, I remembered that hems don't come cheap - $15 a pair! I guess it was worth it since they are now wearable :)
Anthropologie Saltpan Bermudas
Anthropologie Pearly Glow Tank (oooh, it now comes in pink too!)
Seychelles Neptune Wedge
So apparently, DSW doesn't send shipping confirmations? I wasn't expecting to find these shoes at my doorstep today! I had to quick switch out of my flip flops and try them on. They are super cushy and comfortable. I love them!
Here is my lame attempt at trying to show you my starfish earrings. That didn't work out...but you can see the cute detail of the shorts. I think I'll keep them forever!
Anthropologie Pearly Glow Tank (oooh, it now comes in pink too!)
Seychelles Neptune Wedge
So apparently, DSW doesn't send shipping confirmations? I wasn't expecting to find these shoes at my doorstep today! I had to quick switch out of my flip flops and try them on. They are super cushy and comfortable. I love them!
8 comments:
Love those shorts, love that you remember your first purchase even more! I have no idea what my first purchase was. I remember walking around Anthro all the time and thinking how overpriced it was and that I could find similar things on the cheap elsewhere... wow, times have changed .. actually I think the only thing that changed was my discrentionary spending and appreciation for well made clothing :)
What a difference a hem can make! They look perfect! And so cute with those polka dots! I sometimes cringe when I pick things up from the tailor but in the long run know that it's worth it because a)I'll now wear the item bc it fits properly and B) nothing beats a great fit!
What a pleasant surprise to get your shoes unexpectedly! They look great and the yellow is a perfect compliment to the grey of the shorts! You look great!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Those short are so cute! I recently had some of my shorts hemmed and it makes a huge difference. The shoes are also very cute! I just recently made my very first Anthropologie purchase and I'm afraid I'm hooked for life.
Jan great call on getting the shorts hemmed as it made a big difference and they look made for you! I love their design and it's so typical Anthro. As for the tailor, I too hesitate due to their pricing and sometimes it doesn't even feel worth it after I consider what I initially paid.
And by the way, now you've got me lusting over Seychelles at DSW! Who knew?
What a wonder a hemming job can do for a piece of clothing. Those "new" shorts are now perfection on you!
I'm like you though, there are bunches of things in my closet that probably could use a simple hem job to make them more wearable, but I am lazy!
You're first Anthro purchase! Glad they were resurrected. They look great on you...so do those shoes by the way ;)
I LOVE those shorts!!! Those shoes are so cute and the perfect color with that outfit!!! Have a happy Father's day!
I still remember my first Anthro purchase...it was the Boyer Cream Cardi ....ahhh....I can never see myself parting with it!
The shorts look much better now, well worth the $15! I am in love with the yellow shoes and that tank looks so adorably Jan!
Post a Comment