My resolve to sit out on the newest round of markdowns at Anthropologie weakened when I saw that cute Tricia was picking up a Deeply Rooted Tee for herself. Really, what mom doesn't need to market the value of vegetables to her kids any chance she can get? Plus, plus, how cute will this top be when I take the kids on Egg Hunts, Easter Bunny Visits and the inevitable return to the farm for a field trip? I did the only mom-thing to do. I caved.
And now here is a little secret some of you may not know - raw carrots and cooked corn are the only two vegetables I eat. My doctor and kids have no idea! My brother and I were never forced to eat them as children. He matured and now eats all of his greens, including salad. Me? I never touch that stuff. Not even to be polite at my Mother-In-Laws. I think I might feel like a fraud if this top was covered in any other vegetable motif. Happily, I say yes to carrots (great brand by the way, I love their chapsticks at Target).
9 comments:
LOL! And I think if you wear your vegetable your off the hook and don't have to eat them too! I like the two looks you put together. I found your blog through my sister, Tricia who's mentioned in this post. I'm your newest follower.
http://breakfastatgigis.blogspot.com/
AHHHH! You are making me want to kick myself in the be-hind for not buying this tee tonight. I tried it on and looked from the right, from the left, over the shoulder, and loved it. But still put it back. I couldn't figure out what/how to wear it. I'm so going back for it now. PEER PRESSURE!! :) it's totally cute!!!
You naughty girl--only two veggies?!?! And corn can't really count bc there is no nutritional value! But you are one up on Mr. M, he only eats corn!
I'm kicking myself too!! I thought those tops were PJ tops?? They are real tees? I loved the beets and I eat lots of them!
If I get this tee, my next blog title is going to be, "Jan made me do it." Of course, I had to check out the tee after you commented about it. Then, of course I had to like it. Now, of course it's sitting in my shopping cart. I think it would be a great layering piece. Ahh!! The temptation!!!
What....only two kinds of veggies! Well you look healthy so its all good...lol! I bought the radio version....can't wait to see how you wear it....I liked all the styles you made!
I meant radish version....lol!
Thanks for the shout out!!! I love the looks... I am so excited to get it!!!:)
Ooh, I should have stayed away from this post. I had wanted BOTH patterns of this top since it first came online but wasn't about to pay $60 ea for a slubby tee. Now it's essentially two for the price of one, huh ... and I've actually been good and not purchased anything so far. Ack ...
Hi Jessica! Ahhh, so you are the sister who would not approve of Tricia ordering the lobster dress with free shipping, then? Ha! I love your way of thinking, I'll wear my veggies over eating them, any day!
Pamela - I know, I know - my dh is forever telling me that corn doesn't count. Shame too, because I'm addicted to corn on the cob in the Summer. This tee really does have GOBS of possibilities - it could also pair with green, red, pink, yellow - essentially, it's a basic gray tee, but cuter.
Peggy - lol, I waivered because I wondered if they looked too much like pj's, but they are "real" tees, not part of Anthro's lounge line.
Cat - I could totally picture you in this tee. Maybe even with the double cummerbund...
Carrie - so cute! I loved the raddish version too, can't wait to see you wearing it!
Tricia - I'm really glad I just went ahead and grabbed it, such a cute, easy piece! It really fits my lifestyle, so I know I'll wear it.
Lisa - einie meenie minie moe buy one tee and let the other one go...maybe just buy one? To curb your appetite - haha...bad joke
Post a Comment