Thursday, June 3, 2010

Rah Rah...AHA!!!

Polyvore is giving me fits. When I click to embed on my blog I get a message saying "undefined" over and over again? Has this been happening to anyone else? Anywho, below is a set I came up with using a recently purchased tank from Banana Republic. The candy stripes reminded me of Anthropologie's Sweet Shoppe Dress The dress, while impossibly cute, is not very practical for my lifestyle.

While I was happy with the above Sweet Shoppe alternative, I'm even more tickled to have come up with this combination! It was a total lightbulb moment when I was trying on tops with my new Rah Rah Rumba Skirt - check out Cat's review of the skirt - she always does a thorough job with the details. And I really hope she bought it, so I can see what cute outfits she comes up with, too!


19 comments:

Cat said...

Jan, I think this is one of my favorite outfits on you ever!! What a great take on the sweet shoppe dress. It couldn't be more perfect. Great styling!

triciathomas said...

Now I really want that skirt!!! I have a few returns to make at Anthro and I may or may not try that on and take it home!!! I love your outfit perfect for summer!!

SRP said...

I had my eye on that tank! I love it and I love the entire outfit, this one is going to get you a lot of compliments!

Katie said...

AH! That's the top! BR sent an email out like a week ago with that top but I could not find it! I guess it is sold out? It is soooo cute!! Did you buy it awhile ago?

Pamela said...

What a great alternative! I dare say better than the dress!?It's much more practical on a day to day basis! Grwat creativity. When did you get the top? I love it!

Peggy said...

Jan, I love it! And again, what are you doing to get those great arms? Do share! And yes, I now own the Deeply Rooted Beet Tee - thanks!

Gemma said...

This outfit is a great take on the Sweet Shoppe dress. I didn't try this skirt on, but I did end up buying the Unveiled Tank in the rust color! Thank you for reviewing/buying it. I guess I am quite the copy cat cause I ended up with the Looping Lanes belt as well!

BTW, I tried on the Deeply Rooted Beet tee and it was too big around my chest...fit everywhere else though. It is a cute shirt.

Anjali said...

Love this outfit Jan!! It is an amazing (and even more flattering) rendition of the Sweet Shoppe dress indeed! :)

Kali Ramey Martin said...

I like your outfit WAY better than the dress! So cute!

Jan Russell said...

Thanks girls!

Katie/Pamela - I bought the tank three weeks ago? I think. I spotted some in-store as of last Wednesday when I had a coupon, so definitely worth checking. It sold out online in just a couple of days. I want to recreate the whole look from their advertising and just picked this up from ON - http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=20408&vid=1&pid=752826&scid=752826012

Cat/Tricia - I can't wait to hear if you guys buy the skirt and see how you wear it! I love it so much more then the Circle the GLobe!

Gemma - what else did you score? I love to hear about your Anthro excursions!

Kristi said...

SOOO cute, Jan! I love it!

Katie said...

Thank you! I get so lazy with free shipping I haven't been in a BR store in awhile! I will check it out. Good find w/the Old Navy vest; that will look great!

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh that skirt is so cute! And I love the outfit you came up with.

LRA said...

Super cute outfit!!!! Love the tank, and love the whole thing----one of my favorites!!

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

Oh lady, I actually DIDN'T like the Ra-Rumba-whatever skirt until NOW. You look fab and I love how you're wearing it.

Kim said...

Ok seriously Jan, I like your combo better than the Sweet Shoppe Dress!!! Amazing pairing! YOu look awesome and now I want both pieces!

Lifeasahoosier said...

LOVE that outfit!!!! Perfectly matched! I never go into B.R. anymore but might have to try them out again! I probably will not get the Sweet Shoppe either...unless it was on super sale. My mommy life probably won't get much use out of it.

Carol said...

Oh, Jan, I LOVE this outfit! LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I totally want one! You did such a great job creating an actually wearable version of the Sweet Shoppe dress! Perfect!

Erin said...

This outfit is perfection!!! I love your idea of coming up with an alternative for the dress. Your take is so practical and would be something that I'd wear more and be more comfortable in than the actual dress. So cute!