Thursday, June 17, 2010

OOTD - Party x 2

This morning as I was getting dressed, all I could think was how much cuter my outfits would be with yellow shoes. Clearly DSW is no Zappos or Endless, because I haven't even received my shipping confirmation yet. I've been spoiled by free overnight service!

Today Sawyer's little camp is having a pizza party and Harrison's 1st grade class is having it's end of the year celebration. You have no idea how much easier it makes my life that both boys have parties today - now no one is crying that life is cruel and unfair. Wonderful!
Gap Dress (similar and even cuter, here)

20 comments:

Peggy said...

I love dresses and summer. You look great. And I'm so happy I scored those shoes this week (full-price) as I thought I missed out. I didn't know you had them - cute, cute! Party-hearty!

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

Don't you hate it when you're waiting for a new purchase (or contemplating one) and suddenly none of your current outfits work without that one new magic piece? Oh the mind is a trickster and shopping enabler.

Sounds like you have a busy (but hopefully fun!) day going on. You look great as usual - and I love the Looping Lanes belt on you. I want to get it myself, but half the info I'm hearing is that it's hit or miss on whether or not you a get a good belt or a chewed up looking one?

Lorraine said...

Super cute!

Pamela said...

Those shoes are so cute! I couldn't find them in my size :(

Not getting a shipping confirmation yet isn't as bad as what i saw on my tracking this morning---TRAIN DERAILMENT!!!!!!

Lizzy said...

Did you get that dress at the GAP this year?

Kim said...

You look so cute today! I'm loving the Maribel wedges with your outfit. I got mine on Friday and wore them the other day - they are so comfy and I love the color!

triciathomas said...

I think you look cute!!! I totally ordered some yellow shoes from endless after seeing your post about yellow shoes!!! They should be here today! I also think I am going to get that belt... I think an intervention!

triciathomas said...

I ment to write I think I need an intervention, but my mind is too caught up on getting that belt!

Carol said...

You are so cute! That dress looks fabulous on you. And now you're making me wonder if I should have yellow shoes too...

Jan Russell said...

Peggy - yay! I'm glad you found a pair! I ordered mine online months ago when there was still snow on the ground - lol - they are just too cute!

Lisa - it's true, my mind is tricky like that!

Pamela - WHAT??? It better get back on the tracks and hurry your package to where it needs to be ;)

Lorraine - thank you!

MyLuckyDay - sorry, I should have said that this dress is a couple of years old. Circa 2007? I think.

Kim - I'm so glad you were able to find a pair! I need to remember to wear mine more.

Tricia - lol, I totally knew what you meant ;) Can't wait to see what yellow shoes you ordered! I'm jealous that you'll probably get yours first!

Carol - hmm..you probably do...

Tifani said...

Cute, Cute, Cute!! But I do agree that they yellow shoes would just make the outfit that much more adorable.

Thanks to you I went on the hunt for yellow shoes and found a pair at Target yesterday. And thanks for the link to the shirt dress at VS. Shirt dresses are my new love!

Jessica said...

That dress is darling! Just ordered the looping lanes belt but it is on backorder. I can't wait to get it.

Debbie said...

Cute outfit! I saw this right before I got dressed this morning and you inspired me to wear my blue dress with my Looping Lanes belt too.

http://dark-horse-rising.blogspot.com/2010/06/ootd-june-17.html

And you're making me want yellow shoes too! :-)

SRP said...

adorable, I love that dress!

I also love yellow shoes and zappos :) darn dsw- I especially hate not email confirmations!

laylablue said...

Great look! i've been contemplating a pair of peep-toe mustard colored heels, but macy's keeps changing the sale price... IF they are still on the clearance rack next time i go..

I have seen a similar dress at the gap outlet (the mall i sometimes go to has an outlet rather than a regular gap) they have had the dress since last summer, and they continue to mark the price up and down! it was $50 on monday this week! WHAT-EVER!!!

Debye said...

You look adorable! It is crazy how the minute you order something (like yellow shoes) you realize that everything would be better with them and you can't imagine how you didn't have them before and how can you possibly wait days for them to arrive.....hopefully it is not just me!

p.s. love the Looping Lanes belt

Cat said...

Why do I already have returner's remorse over my chewed up looping lanes belt? It look so cute here.

Lifeasahoosier said...

Love that dress!! Hope your new shoes come soon!

Rachel said...

I love this outfit, the belt looks great with that dress!
I know I've seen you mention on here before that the people in your area don't generally dress up too much and you've also mentioned the Wayne, PA store. Just wondering if you live near me? We live near Hershey, PA. I love Anthro and I love dressing up from time to time but when I do I always feel like I'm getting weird looks. I just do it anyway :) Anyhow, great outfit!

Michelle Q said...

Adorable outfit - you look so great in dresses! And ARGH on the shipping of the shoes. I totally get you - I want instant gratification!