When the Openwork Vines skirt first showed up on Anthropologie's website, I saw my name written all over it. I ordered it immediately but that same urgency did not translate into my wearing this skirt right away - in fact, it's hung in my closet for months now! Today I finally decided to wear it for church.
Openwork Vines Skirt
BP Stella Sandals
Another first for me? I went thrifting! It was 1/2 price Friday at a local thrift store, and I had some time to kill before an appointment, so Graham and I cruised the store. I can't say that I've caught the bug, but it was fun to look for treasures. Among them, these cute gingham Gap shorts! I was happy to find them, since the ones at J.Crew hadn't worked out. Even happier when they rung up for a whopping $1.50. And here's how old these shorts are - they are a size 6 and snug on my waist - my how sizing has changed over the years! I put these on after church - it's only been a couple of hours, and I've already gotten my money's worth ;)
13 comments:
That skirt looks so cute with the plum colored top. I like the bow in front. It kills me when I buy something right away and then it goes on sale before I even get a chance to wear it! Ugh.
Good score on the shorts! And yes, sizing sure has changed over the years. It's rediculous that there is absolutely no consistency!
That skirt is very pretty. I tried it on and debated in the fitting room forever, i did pass but I still admire it on others! And, those shorts are a steal, I can't believe the sizing either, I remember shopping with my mom growing up and she always wore a 6 and I KNOW I am the same size or bigger than her and I'm in a 2..? does not make sense.
That skirt is beautiful and the purple hue of the top is gorgeous on you. I love the two pieces together and that belt is perfect with the lace of the skirt.
I love thrift shopping! We have zero money right now so I can't even thrift, but it's awesome to find great items that other people paid full price to take home!
That skirt looks so pretty with the purple top. Great deal on the shorts from the thrift store!
You look so pretty in your church outfit!! I so wish thrifting was fun around here - but it's pricey! I always get cheaper deals for NEW stuff at Ross and Target! When I lived in TN thrifting was a DREAM! I got so many name brands for $1.
Great score on those shorts! And I have the openwork vines skirt too, I love it with purple!
You are so making me wish I got that skirt!! You look adorable in it!!! And what a great find on those shorts!! I never find stuff like that.
You look so darn cute in your new skirt and the tank and sandals go perfectly with it!! Glad you finally got yo wear it. I shamefully have several itfns in my closet with the tags still on...working on making my way through them all!!! By the way, my sandals are suppose to come Wednesday...so excited!!!
Your church outfit is so precious, but the shorts steal the show. $1.50 is not enough for all that cuteness!!
This skirt is so pretty on you! I'm eyeing it on ebay, but will resist! :)
I used to be the queen of buying something and then forgetting all about it in my closet for sometimes months. Glad to hear I'm not alone! :o)
Great find on the shorts - I've yet to have a successful thrifting outing. I virtual thrift via Ebay - does that kind of count?
The skirt is lovely! The nearest Anthropologie is more than an hour away for me, so I rarely get there by myself. My husband indulges me and waits while I browse, in fact he followed me in the store at Christmas and helped me pick a flip/coloring book for our daughter.
I love reading your blog as I have no neighbor/friends close by with whom I can share ideas. :)
Great buy!! Thrifting can definitely be fun...not much in the way of good buys for clothing by me unfortunately.
Seriously though, sizing is WAY different from what it used to be. I am making a vintage 60's skirt and the pattern I'm using that accommodates my waist is a size 16! Seriously!....for a size 28 waist!
Post a Comment