Wednesday, May 5, 2010

OOTD - Yeah, Not So Much

As much as I love my Weekend Jeans from Old Navy, the white version is not for me. When I spotted them on others, I thought they look relaxed and easygoing. When I saw them on myself, it was just the opposite - someone who was trying too hard. The full-on holes in the knees, are just cooler then I am. I promptly placed these back in their original packaging and put on a pair of my Lucky's. But I'm getting desperate. I need some white jeans. Please point me in the right direction if you have a pair you love. I'm looking for cropped or cuffed and on the cheap. Help!


This Boden tee is a little gem with it's polka dots, ruffle neckline and comfy fit. I will resist going back for more colors, at least until I have some white denim to pair them with. Nudge, nudge.

5 comments:

Peggy said...

I'm with you on the weekend jeans - even in blue for me. They look so cute on you and Fabulous FLorida Mom, but on me they just look dumpy! I ALMOST bought some white denim last week - but didn't have time to try them on -now I wish I would have! I love the polka dot tee!!

One other thing I was going to tell you - regarding the Dave Ramsey discussion we have going cross-blog, the lesson on Sunday he was saying someone called in to his show and said "I really want to buy a Harley". Dave said he was getting ready to blast the guy so Dave asked him how much he made last year. He said $650K!! Dave said "Buy the stinking Harley dude!" haha So it's all relative isn't it? Depending on each person's situation. So I say "Buy the Anthro dude!"

Unknown said...

The white weekend jeans did NOT work. Old Navy... you MESSED THEM UP with the silly slashes and carrying on. I was very disappointed when I recvd mine.

White jeans are tough. I tried the skinnies at J Crew and they were nice. $.02

Katie said...

I ended up with J.Crew white denim too. Of course, I found them in the sale section for $29.99 +20% off. They aren't cuffed/cropped but look smashing with espadrilles. When these suckers go on sale in store they really go on sale.

Jen | Our Life Accounts said...

I found a pair of white jeans at Martin + osa that I absolutely love, some of the most comfortable jeans I've ever owned! Even compared to designer! I don't remember how much they were but with promotions I know it was way under $50. Right now they are offering 30% off their entire store so you could probably find a great deal!

Debye said...

Who can resist a great polka dot? I have the white weekend jeans from Old Navy but I bought them off the rack and then when I got home I realized how distressed they really were. I still wear them but I don't think they fit as well as my blue ones either...hmmph.

I just grabbed a pair of the Loft's lean boyfriend jeans and I love them. I did size down (2 sizes) because they run so baggy but I love the leaner fit through the leg.