So my Pulsations Skirt is still single. I tried setting it up with the H&M tee, a cheap date for sure! However, that top clung to my tummy exposing flab I don't usually have a hard time disguising under clothing. Then I decided it should meet up with my recently acquired Feathery Tank. Initially, it seemed to work, but as they spent a little more time together some flaws began to come out. The top was too sheer, too big, too heavy. Sigh, the Pulsations Skirt is picky, picky.
And the Feathery Tank is getting thrown back in the ocean. Being so cute, it will be okay, I'm sure the right one is out there for it and I hope they'll find each other ;)
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
19 comments:
Jan, I personally think you look lovely and the shirt and skirt go well together. In fact, I think when trying on the skirt in the store I had that same top on! This skirt is picky...but I know you'll find a darling top to bring out its best!
I really like how you paired the skirt with the grey - the top makes the overall look more feminine and I think it pairs nicely. You always look so put-together and pretty!
To maybe make it more casual - do you think the skirt would work with a simple tee and jean jacket, or a chambray button-down tucked in?
I'm having the same problem with my skirt...can't find the perfect match for it quite yet. It's just the cutest skirt---deserved a great top!!! Can't wait to see if you find one!
Cute post! I like the skirt and top although I know pictures can be decieving! Good luck can't wait to see what finally works!
I actually DO really like these two pieces together, but the Feathery Tank just required too much constant adjusting from me - because of the weight of the flowers/ruffles it really hung low in the front + the too large arm holes...I don't think the cami underneath really works with such a pretty tank. If it weren't for the fit, I would keep the tank, it's adorable! It looks great under a cardigan and jacket too - but it's just WAY too hot for that right now.
Lisa - those are both great ideas, I'll have to give them a whirl! Thanks!
Jenni - let me know what top you decde on, too!
I would just use the white climbing cowlneck and throw a snakebite around it....but that's how I roll....LOL!
btw...I wore my seabound skirt with the white climbing cowlneck and snakebite....I am not as bold as others but oh well! I am a matchy kind of gal. I'll post pics of that outfit probably tomorrow. Have a great day!
Carrie - unfortunatly, the Climbing Cowlneck was a disaster on me! Remember when I tried it on, and could not keep it from falling down on top? Awful! The H&M tee I bought is the one you have that looks like the Curated, but its a little too figure hugging on me...I might just call a store and get the Curated since it's sold out online in my size.
Simple and matching are two of my favorite things ;)
I'm hoping you find a better top because the skirt looks so great on you!
oh I think it's really cute- I like the ensemble but I can imagine that skirt is a tough one to pair. Hmm I think maybe going super casual with the skirt might open up options for you. Maybe just go with some flip flops and a basic colored tank? Or white tank and big fat necklace? hmm. this one is a stupor for me.
Hey Jan can you sew? I resewed the shoulders on the cowlneck because they were WAY too long and now it fits great! Before the back was hanging way too low and looked pathetic. Because it is tshirt material it's super easy to sew up and you don't have to worry about the ends unraveling. I had to do that to my Meeting place tank too. It made my kinda sad paying for tshirt tops that just don't hang right but in the end they were too cute to pass up if I knew I could finagle them a bit.
Oh yea and the top from H&M shrank too much I can't wear it anymore! Might fit my six year old better....LOL!
There are plenty of fish in the sea.
I like the grey with it. It stinks you're having probs coordinating a top bc the skirt looks so good on you!
Carrie - I wish I could sew! Would you believe that my husband is actually in charge of loose buttons around here! LOL about the H&M tee, it was cute while it lasted!
I bought & returned that top in the peachy/ivory color. The ruffles were too much & the top too thin, even on sale. Are you keeping the skirt? I think it's fun.
Gigi - the top IS thin, almost gauzy - I worry that it would get holes just from washing it! I am returning it to the store today, but keeping the cute skirt! I really do adore the fun print!
Jan - Does this skirt have pockets? TIA
Hi Gigi! Nope, no pockets on this one.
I didn't see pockets in the description, but thought I'd check. Thanks!
Post a Comment