Tuesday, May 4, 2010

An Apple OOTD Keeps Compliments Flooding My Way

If you are looking for a confidence boost - try buying the Red Delicious Blouse from Anthropologie. Sometimes the compliments I get from strangers on a cute outfit are the nicest words I hear from anyone all day. Boys can be tough on their moms. Like when they yell that they hate you because you won't let them ride their bikes in the rain. Or eat Swiss Cake Rolls for breakfast. Or throw things at their brothers heads. Yeah. Sometimes you need a cute outfit, to at least give the appearance of having your life pulled together.

Today I walked Harrison into school, because he was excited for me to see the baby chicks that had hatched in his classroom. And then I dropped Sawyer off at preschool. In the span of 20 minutes, I had no less then 10 moms telling me they loved my cute top. I love it too, yes because it IS adorable, but also because well, because who doesn't love hearing nice things? Many would argue that self-esteem shouldn't come from what you're wearing - but me? I'm not picky about the source.Anthropologie Red Delicious Blouse
Aeropostale Belt
JCrew Hipslung Capris
Mossimo Presta Wedge Sandal

11 comments:

Kristi said...

It doesn't hurt that YOU are just cute no matter what you're wearing. I do like that shirt, esp on you. :)

sparrowsandsparkles said...

adorable!

Anjali said...

LOL @ not being picky at the source of self esteem boosts :) Well, you deserve it, cause you look super duper cute! Love the shirt, one of my favorite things right now!

Dea said...

Looking cute as always, I'm telling you- Cutest Mom Award needs to go to you!!

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

You look chic and put together as always!

British Anthropologiest said...

Don't feel guilty! I think there are few things quite so nice as having an outfit that you get a tonne of compliments on, and why shouldn't you? You look lovely.

Carol said...

You do look terrific in that blouse! Sigh...but more than the blouse, I'm jealous of your sparkling clean dining table and floor...my house is disgusting. I need to take a vacation, just to have time to clean it. =P

Peggy said...

the cutest shirt ever strikes again! And I don't doubt you got 10 compliments - it looks fab - super cute with the belt and wedges! I also just read your comment to Lisa on her blog about head to toe Gymboree-that was my kids totally (until they grew out of it!!)

christensen crew said...

Jan,
love the shirt. love the shoes. love the cuffed denim. love. the belt takes away from the top...you don't need it..the top is too distinctive, it should be the showcase. just my little balance tip. coco chanel says to remove one accessory just as you are heading out the door. the best tip ever.
loves.
kate

anna said...

i totally agree with this! i like to give the APPEARANCE that my life is all pulled together when really it couldn't feel more out of control.

this outfit is adorable! i love the print on the blouse. it looks so fresh!

Anonymous said...

Um, hello? Why didn't I know about this blog until Tifani linked to it! You've been holding out on me. xoxo, m