Tuesday, May 4, 2010

This Mother's Day, Don't Surprise Me...

Just buy me what I want.

What? Who's with me? Seriously, this is so much better then another spa gift certificate I never have time or child-care to take advantage of. Shouts out to my husband, who always tells me to "go ahead" with my schemes.

So many great things on sale at Anthropologie this morning! Did you gift yourself anything?

9 comments:

British Anthropologiest said...

I'm with you! Apart from the Mother's Day thing, obviously. Erm: wish list???
I managed to snag an Around the World Dress and I'm eyeing up some tops still. Now if only I could find a Wright Dress!
Did you grab anything?

Jan Russell said...

I'm a total brat, I just called my dh and said "Hey, I have the perfect thing for you to give me this Mother's Day. Oh, and by the way it's on hold at the store in Wayne and they'll ship it to me for free when I call them back..." and he was all "just go ahead and order it" and I was all "and you don't have to get me flowers, k?" Done and done - lol ;)

I'm going to try not to spend this month, so this "gift" of the Fifth Form Shift was the only purchase I (meaning my dh) made this morning.

British Anthropologiest said...

Nicely done! I applaud you! I hope to see some pictures of that dress when it arrives. I think I'm edging towards caving and buying it the more I see it on other people...

Carol said...

LOL - I totally agree! I've got a Two Paths Trench on hold for me right now...but I've been gifting myself way too much lately. My husband is a very loving, very patient man...

SRP said...

that little shift dress is cuteness! I bought the castle lake dress- i think that's what it's called. Although you have me paying more attention to the length of my skirts/dresses and I am noticing that many things are just a smidge too long and therefore a smidge unflattering.. I am going to have to double check the dress before I make it a keeper.

Peggy said...

Jan - that dress is darling! The sales associate was wearing it the other day when I was in Anthro! I can't wait to see you post it!

I am the same as you - only DH and I just have an understanding - He just says - go buy yourself what you want - and I do!! Works great!

Gemma said...

I kind of did the same thing. I said to husband a gazillion times, "It's almost mother's day." Then sent him an e-mail of the Sweet Shoppe and Nexus top (which now are both getting iffy reviews, eek).

I don't know if this past weekend and todays sales would also be considered part of the mother's day gifts, but I'm going to try to stop spending also for a while. (a week good enough?)

Why does free shipping vary from store to store when you do a charge send? I always state that I got the info from Anthro CS and that should be enough to get free shipping, but I got charged shipping! It's so random, but I guess I can deal if I get my goodies!

Can't wait to see pics of the Fifth Form Shift!

Katie said...

OMG. Love your post. LOVE it. I feel like I should print it and leave it by the coffee pot for my husband this week. Bless you!

Can't wait to see the dress!

Jen | Our Life Accounts said...

I don't have kids yet, so couldn't use Mother's day but I did gift myself quite a few things...two paths trench, new york dress, castle lake dress, blazing rays dress and fifth form shift....I've been waiting for them to go on sale for forever!