Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sale Shopping - Change of Plans

Does a good sale make you notice pieces you never gave a second glance to before? I haven't submitted an online order yet, but this skirt was a whole lot easier to style then the Pulsations Skirt which I've been holding out for. Now I need to decide whether to get both, or this one instead? The Pulsations skirt is such a great price, and I do love it, but the question still remains what in the haydiddle do you wear with it?

Seabound Skirt

Fashion Trends & Styles - Polyvore

Items in this set:
Blouses - Clothes - Anthropologie.com, $68
Seabound Skirt, $120
ASOS Metal Knot Stud Earrings, $8.45
Women's Shoes & Accessories: Jewelry, Bags, Shoes: ANN TAYLOR, $58
Mossimo Cognac Presta Wedge - 8.5 : Target, $25

15 comments:

Peggy said...

Totally a sale makes me look at things I NEVER saw before!! The Seabound is so pretty, but not yet on sale - that Pulsations is a steal and I envision it with a scoop neck tee and great statement necklace!! If you can swing it, get both! Are you going to the store?

Jan Russell said...

Peggy - the Seabound Skirt IS on sale - see how Anthro teases me?

Jan Russell said...

Oh, and no going to the store for me - that is probably a twice a year gig, lol.

Tifani said...

I actually went in the store last night and bought the blue version of the blouse you posted. It is my favorite shirt of all time! I think this outfit is totally you and a must have.

By the way, I posted pics from my shopping trip and called you out at least twice in the post. LOL!

Dea said...

I have the Seabound skirt and LOVE it. I want to wear it again already, such a beautiful, classic Anthro piece. AND....total enabler here, go for the Pulsations skirt b/c the price is awesome and it's quirky in it's own right...just a fun piece.
If you haven't figured it out: go for both (if you can)!!! Good luck deciding!!

Jan Russell said...

I caved to both skirts before it was even lunch time - ha! I think it will help to try them at home with shoes and see from there... Both are longer then my "ideal" skirt length, but I couldn't resist their cuteness! The Seabound skirt reminds me of my Grandmother, a 100% Italian girl has to own that one, no?

The skirts were my only purchases - pats self on back - so I think I got through the sale relatively unscathed. Can't wait to see what pretty things the rest of you picked up!

Tifani - I am RUNNING to your blog right now, squeal!

Gemma said...

I didn't really see anything I wanted online this early morning. I did order the Rainforest Morning Shirtdress in the 0p and the Gainsborough Pencil Skirt. We planned on driving up to Charlotte to check out the sale (thanks husband!) and I didn't think I would come away with much...but gosh darn!! I must turn into some completely happy shopper when I step into the store because I got way too much!!!
Pulsations Skirt, Free Skate Mini, the black skirt with colored diamonds on the bottom, Glimpse of Paradise, Courtship Blooms Tank...I can't even remember what else! I'm like the Jekyll and Hyde of shopping! I must get high off the smell and sounds in the store!
Seriously, I need help!

I did see the Seabound and was tempted, but I thought it would be too long. Did you get it in the petite size? It's a really pretty skirt!

Jan Russell said...

Gemma - it pains me that you do not have a blog so that I can see all your cute new outfits! Ok - tell me, what are you wearing the Pulsations Skirt with? I'm so glad you got this one, because it makes me feel more secure that I wasn't crazy for liking it, lol. Mainly, what shoes - color, style - do you plan to wear with it? I am going to have to play around with it on Polyvore, but I'd love to hear your take!

Yes, I ordered the Seabound in a 0P, so here's hoping! Did you see the petite in store? Or just the regular length? I'm worried about it being too long too - I'll post a picture when it gets here!

Your hubby is a gem! I'm glad you got to the store today and found so much that you loved!

Sara-You, Me and Anthropologie said...

I tried the Blue Book Blouse in white on today with the Seabound Skirt and they looked great together! I almost caved and got the skirt, but it was just too long for me and I didn't think I could wear it that often. How much was the Pulsations Skirt? I can't believe it's sold out online!

Jan Russell said...

Yay - Sara, I'm excited that these pieces pair well IRL! I loved the Seabound Skirt on you when you tried it on your blog, I think the skirt is supposed to fall longer? Maybe I am full of wishful thinking...Did you consider buying a Petite for yourself? The Pulsations Skirt went down to $40 -woot!

Jennk said...

That outfit is so you, Jan. This blog is killing me. Love everything!

Debye said...

Good job getting both, for those prices you'd kick yourself later if you didn't!

Can't wait to see how they look IRL on ya!

Peggy said...

you are going to love that Seabound with the Blue Book Blouse - I tried them both on - they are fabulous. It reminded me of a skirt my mom had when I was growing up. That blouse is so pretty. I tried it on in white- I wish I could have gotten it because I would wear it with soooo much!

Dea said...

Jan, tell me more about the fit of the Blue Book Blouse. I'm usually a 0 in tops, so should I stick with my usual or go up one? Also, how sheer is it? Saw some not so friendly reviews online. Thanks doll!

Jan Russell said...

Dea, I own the Blue Book in a zero and it's plenty roomy - I also don't find it too sheer, at all, so maybe that's only if it fits more tightly on someone? You can see me wearing it here
http://thegirliestboymom.blogspot.com/2010/03/blue-book-value.html