You must keep it! It is lovely on you, no, FABULOUS on you! I think it is a great skirt (and now I am wishing I would've tried it). KEEP! As a mom, I know there are times when a more modest but still fun skirt are necessary and it looks so cute with the Blue Book Blouse.
Jan, it looks really pretty on you! I think the length is fine, but ultimately it's based upon what you're comfortable with. I think it's definitely flattering and breezy for the summertime as you're carpooling/traveling/living!
Oh, Jan, I love it! Now I want one! :) Especially with that blouse (is the the blue book blouse - can't remember the exact name..) Keep it - it looks wonderful on you!
Well, I didn't want to sway the opinions with my own, but I actually kind of love it. A lot. It makes me think of my grandmother and the way it's lined just feels so charming.
Everyone was commenting on their blogs about it being way too long for them, and since I'm much shorter then the people saying that I was worried I was losing my marbles for loving it. The length seems okay because of the cut of the skirt. I think it looks like it's intended length...but worried my love was skewing my vision!
Thanks girls! I knew I wanted to keep it, but it helps to hear I'm not wearing blinders!
No no! No return! I think it looks adorable on you! If you're not comfortable w/the length, just hem it a bit, but the shape and the design are fabulous!
I absolutely love this on you. You're love for this skirt comes through in the pictures. You're beaming! So cute! You must keep it, and I must track one down.
It is 100% perfection on you. Made for you. I love it. Plus I think it's nice to have some variety. It doesn't look too long at all to me...just charming. KEEP IT.
I wasn't sure about the skirt until I saw the swish factor. It's a keeper! And I'm so glad you like the blue book blouse. I wish I had the white one, too. It is such a great top.
I got my packages yesterday and today too (they split them into two shipments)! Can't wait to wear my new Blue Book Blouse! As for the skirt, in the pictures, it really doesn't look too long for you. I can still see your knees. Definitely keep it!
Jan - I love it on you, and this is coming from someone who's never liked this skirt before seeing in on you! It's perfection on you, especially with the Blue Book Blouse - KEEP!
KEEP KEEP KEEP! I totally love my seabound and wear it for casual and dressy occasions. It looks darling on you, not too long at all. Wish more skirts these days had some length to them... P.S. Mine looks infinitely better on me with a belt around the middle. made it go from like it to LOVE it.
Sara - the more packages the more fun! I actually ordered two more things from the sale (naughty) and those will arrive on Monday! Can't wait to see how you wear the Blue Book Blouse!
Tifani - I love the blue version of this blouse so much, too and I think it's even more versatile since it lends itself to denim!
Cat - the skirt makes my heart sing - it just goes to show that how you feel in something totally affects how it looks on!
Molly - I found a Double Cummerbund in the red polka dots, that I can't wait to try with the skirt, Cat did a Polyvore with the two and it looked adorable!
We welcomed a baby girl into our family in October 2011 and the world has been rose colored ever since!
Jan - I'm 5ft tall when I stand on my tiptoes
I like my money right where I can see it...hanging in my closet.
I desperately need this blog because...
-my mom hates to shop (horrified gasp)
-I have no sisters.
-My eldest SIL is a missionary for the church and lives in Russia where she doesn't shop much.
-My other two SILs I'd love to shop with - but they live in California and Nebraska and we'd have to split up when I head for the Petite section, because they are both 5'10
-My girlfriends are on strict budgets. I am too, actually. But they stick to theirs.
-I have three young boys who only go to the mall if I promise to buy them Happy Meals and gumballs and keep my excursion to 30 minutes or less. Also, there can be no trying on items. Even if we could all fit in the dressing room.
-My husband believes that you should wear your clothes out. And I don't mean on date night.
No Boys Allowed!
Email
Questions, Comments, Polyvore Requests and Friendly Hellos welcome!
JRuss544@hotmail.com
26 comments:
You must keep it! It is lovely on you, no, FABULOUS on you! I think it is a great skirt (and now I am wishing I would've tried it). KEEP! As a mom, I know there are times when a more modest but still fun skirt are necessary and it looks so cute with the Blue Book Blouse.
I think you look GREAT in it!!! What a cute summer print!!
It's a lot of skirt for little you, but it is VERY cute and I think you can rock it!
Jan, it looks really pretty on you! I think the length is fine, but ultimately it's based upon what you're comfortable with. I think it's definitely flattering and breezy for the summertime as you're carpooling/traveling/living!
Oh, Jan, I love it! Now I want one! :) Especially with that blouse (is the the blue book blouse - can't remember the exact name..) Keep it - it looks wonderful on you!
I like it on you. The length isn't bad at all and it's such a cute print! I'm with the majority...keep it Jan!
Well, I didn't want to sway the opinions with my own, but I actually kind of love it. A lot. It makes me think of my grandmother and the way it's lined just feels so charming.
Everyone was commenting on their blogs about it being way too long for them, and since I'm much shorter then the people saying that I was worried I was losing my marbles for loving it. The length seems okay because of the cut of the skirt. I think it looks like it's intended length...but worried my love was skewing my vision!
Thanks girls! I knew I wanted to keep it, but it helps to hear I'm not wearing blinders!
Carol - yes, it's the Blue Book, it's really a versatile little blouse! I love it!
No no! No return! I think it looks adorable on you! If you're not comfortable w/the length, just hem it a bit, but the shape and the design are fabulous!
Ditto above! It looks great on you!!
I absolutely love this on you. You're love for this skirt comes through in the pictures. You're beaming! So cute! You must keep it, and I must track one down.
It is 100% perfection on you. Made for you. I love it. Plus I think it's nice to have some variety. It doesn't look too long at all to me...just charming. KEEP IT.
I wasn't sure about the skirt until I saw the swish factor. It's a keeper! And I'm so glad you like the blue book blouse. I wish I had the white one, too. It is such a great top.
I got my packages yesterday and today too (they split them into two shipments)! Can't wait to wear my new Blue Book Blouse! As for the skirt, in the pictures, it really doesn't look too long for you. I can still see your knees. Definitely keep it!
I love it! Keep it! You look lovely!!
It's not too long at all-- you look so good in it!!!
Way cute! Gorgeous silhouette. . . and like nothing else. YOu must keep.
Jan - I love it on you, and this is coming from someone who's never liked this skirt before seeing in on you! It's perfection on you, especially with the Blue Book Blouse - KEEP!
It's long, but not TOO long on you! I love it and think it's a keeper!
KEEP KEEP KEEP! I totally love my seabound and wear it for casual and dressy occasions. It looks darling on you, not too long at all. Wish more skirts these days had some length to them...
P.S. Mine looks infinitely better on me with a belt around the middle. made it go from like it to LOVE it.
Thank you girls again for all the sweet words!
Sara - the more packages the more fun! I actually ordered two more things from the sale (naughty) and those will arrive on Monday! Can't wait to see how you wear the Blue Book Blouse!
Tifani - I love the blue version of this blouse so much, too and I think it's even more versatile since it lends itself to denim!
Cat - the skirt makes my heart sing - it just goes to show that how you feel in something totally affects how it looks on!
Molly - I found a Double Cummerbund in the red polka dots, that I can't wait to try with the skirt, Cat did a Polyvore with the two and it looked adorable!
I love, love double love it. I think I need it.
I think you just cost me. ;)
Michelle, you need that outfit even more than Jan. It might as well have your name embroidered along the hem.
Michelle - Tifani is right, you need this skirt, it's positively Von Trapp!
KEEP!!!!!!!!!!!
gorgeous! makes your legs look amazing!!
Post a Comment