Monday, May 24, 2010

You Again?

Some of you may recall that I went to Anthropologie a month ago with the intention of buying the Vala Jacket. When I tried it IRL, I had fit issues(see here), and was disappointed to leave it behind.

When it hit sale a couple of weeks ago, I felt drawn to it again, and kept looking it over on the website. That's when I noticed the review that mentioned cinching the ribbon in the back for a closer fit. Hello? Why did that never occur to me? To be honest, I didn't even realize that the ribbon was functioning until I read the review. The temptation to give this jacket a second chance, was more then I could resist.

This time, the Vala Jacket did right by me :)
Thank you, back ribbon closure.
Now I just need to figure out what to wear under it. Why can't I be one of those responsible shoppers that comes up with three styling ideas before they order something?

15 comments:

SRP said...

Where did this jacket come from?! I don't remember ever seeing it! So cute, I love it with the jeans :)

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

Your entire look is awesome today - classic yet trendy (am I making sense?).

KristinH said...

Jan, you look great! These jeans make you look so tall!!!

triciathomas said...

I love that jacket!!! I love how you styled it in the picture!

Carol said...

Oh, that jacket is wonderful on you! I love it with the jeans. So perfect!

Jan Russell said...

Spiffy - oddly, at my store, this jacket was actually folded on a shelf instead of hanging up, I thought that was so strange for a jacket??? It just sold out online maybe two days ago?

Kristin - that is so funny you say that, I actually looked at this picture and thought - "whoa, I look like an amazon!" Lol.

And you girls are so nice, but I didn't actually wear the jacket today - I just put it on with the jeans I was already wearing to see how it fit, after UPS delivered it. I will definitely be wearing it with jeans though at some point!

Pamela said...

hello, you tall drink of water, you! You look 6 feet tall in your outfit today! That jacket is fab! I don't think I would have realized about cinching the back either. Ooops!

Jenni said...

You look adorable!! I love the jacket and those jeans rock! Where are they from???

Anonymous said...

I'm addicted to this blog Jan. I just went back and read the last 30 or so entries...

And I ordered the pulsations skirt but I think it will too short on me.

Lifeasahoosier said...

I would just wear some type of simple cami since it has a lot going on. Or maybe something that has a little bit of ruffle to hang over like the blue book in white. You look great girl! I was thinking about that jacket when I saw it was on sale but I stuck to my guns and to my original wishlist.

Debye said...

I love this jacket on you much better with the cinching!

This would look really great with J Crew's victoria ruffle tissue cami or Anthro's Claudine tee...hmmmm......is there more shopping in order???

Jan Russell said...

Jenni - the jeans are from Gap, I don't see the exact pair online anymore, but they were a "flare leg" style.

Michelle - you have to report back on how the skirt works out for you.

Carrie - such restraint!

Debye - oooh, I totally forgot that I tried the jacket on in the store with a Claudine tee, it was a nice combo - I'll check out the J. Crew you mentioned too, thank you!

Dea said...

Jan, you look awesome! I love the cut of the jeans, and of course, the jacket is just darling, and in true Anthro spirit.
I'm right there with you- order something and don't even think to consider what I'll wear it with. It's a horrible habit and I just don't know how to plan before shopping!

Cat said...

I seriously love this whole look even though I've never been much a blazer kind of girl. The print and ribbon detail makes it so special, and the fit is impeccable!!

andrea said...

You look like you are six feet tall and maybe 40 pounds, LOL. And for that reason alone, this is the greatest outfit ever!