Friday, April 2, 2010

OOTD - Long Weekend Jeans

My older boys are home from school on Spring break, and Jonathan has the day off from work - so it's the kick-off to our Easter weekend, today! I decided to finally wear the cardigan I picked up at Old Navy in February and my new weekend jeans (Thanks to Debye, again! She always looks so cute in hers, she sold me on trying them!) I was going to avoid the whole ripped denim trend, but at ON's price point and the fact that these are crazy comfortable, I made an exception.

I wanted to pick out a pair in person to make sure they weren't overly distressed. Unfortunately, my store didn't have any 0's, or any short inseams, so I grabbed a 2 regular in my impatience and took them home. Where I realized having to fold the cuff four times, really takes away from the aesthetic. I promptly returned them and ordered a 0 Short, online. Glad I took the risk, because the pair I received aren't too hole-y and the length is a smidge better.

And I just have to brag on my local Aldo again. Every time I go to the mall I expect them to have gone out of business. But there they are, open and offering an additional 50% off everything in the store. Meaning, I scored these flats for $12. My cami is an Ann Taylor Loft clearance buy too - so this entire outfit is "on the cheap"
Apparently, I have a hard time reaching the back of my head with the curling iron. Whoopsies.
Old Navy Weekend Jeans (weathered wash)

8 comments:

Kim said...

You are so adorable!! I'm jealous you scored that ON cardi in peach - I got the lavender, but I really want the peach too, and it's sold out everywhere!

LRA said...

Just discovered your blog---love it! I absolutely LOVE this outfit, so fresh, springy, and comfy looking. Cute cardigan from ON--must check it out!!

Sara Jane said...

I somehow stumbled on to Debye's blog right after you started yours and I bought the ON Weekend Jeans because they look so good on her. I'm with you--I'm a little hesitant with "worn" looking jeans, but I just love the ON weekend jeans. I'm bummed they're sold out in white. I am pear shaped and hate buying pants, but I would tell anyone to try the Weekend jeans.

Cute outfit!

Debye said...

YAY!!I am so glad you caved in and got the Old Navy weekend jeans. I could live in mine.........easily. Okay, I kinda already do. Have a great weekend!

andrea said...

I'm not gonna lie...I kind of hate you in your cute jeans. Why oh why are you dressed like this and I am still in my maternity pants? Wah. So are the jeans fitted? I was looking at a similar style at Gap and they said they were slim through the hip and thigh. That is never a good look for me but especially right now. I need something with more give but that don't look maternity. Sigh. You look adorable. I love/hate you.

SRP said...

you are such a little peanut! I'm catching up now, I was away for a few day- Happy Easter!!

Jan Russell said...

Kim - I took a chance on the cardigan when it first came out, sometimes ON really surprises me!

Hi mrs. anketell and thanks for your sweet comment :)

Sara Jane - I'm pretty sure Debye is responsible for a major sales increase on these cute jeans! Check your local ON, mine had tons of white the other day!

Debye - ON should be giving you a cut!

Andrea - that's the price you pay for nursing! I can exist on Starburst because no one is counting on me for nutrients - lol. The jeans fit like any other jeans in the waist, and are a bit more relaxed everywhere else, but not baggy. I can wear nothing that is "tight through the thighs" since mine are thunderous! So, try these!

Thanks Shana - Happy Easter to you, too!

Pamela said...

What a great outfit. The jeans looks great on you!