Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Not Wright

After a full week, my Wright dress finally arrived from Miami, today. And I am so sad. Vanity prevents me from posting the 50 or so awful pictures I took of myself in this thing - I tried it with belts, cardigans, countless different shoes and the love just wasn't there. The fit is off for me, the pockets are too high, the top falls down without the detachable straps, and the skirt poofs in ways that remind me of the Lands End Poplin skirt - not good. And for $168, this dress needs to be better then good.
It is insanely cute. And it pains me to have to return it, but I really felt like it was unflattering on me. I wanted to love it, I tried to convince myself, but looking through the pictures and not even wanting to post them because it looked so "off" really does tell me it needs to go back. SOB!

The only silver lining is that I will need to return this in-store since it wasn't purchased online. That means a field trip for me to the brick and mortar - and surely I'll find something while I'm there to lessen the blow ;)

ETA - oh what good am I if I don't post the ugly truth - here is the dress from the front...
and look at how it poofs under the bust - eeks! I am too newly postpartum to want to start any rumors.

9 comments:

SRP said...

:(
Honestly, I think you look really good in the dress, but if you don't feel like a million bucks in it, take it back, there are SO many things you can spend that $168 on. I didn't know it had straps...I'm just loving that Anthro has so many strap/strapless options right now!

Jan Russell said...

Truly, from the front, it's bad. Bad, bad. Maybe I will post a picture so you can see that I'm telling the truth...

Peggy said...

Oh I'm so sorry. I had the same reaction with the Grasslands dress I waited forever to get and try on - not good! Something else will come along.............

Qirufcnsbab123 said...

That is exactly how the dress looked on me- good on the hanger, not good on. and for $168 I wanted it to fit like a glove.

Sara-You, Me and Anthropologie said...

I think it looks really cute on you too, but I know how it is to have pictures show one thing and then it's totally different in real life (hello Two-Wheeler Shirtdress, I'm talking to you!).

Kim said...

Jan, I think you're being way too hard on yourself! I'm not even the biggest fan of this dress, and I think it's adorable on you! BUT, I know how you're feeling, and I've posted things on my blog that I get great feedback on, but I just don't love. Since that's the case, it's wise to return. Sorry you don't love it - I know how badly you wanted to, but now you can buy something else!

Gemma said...

Oh, I'm sorry this dress didn't work out for you! From the pictures, I think it looks adorable on you! But I guess you are the one to know how it fits and if you don't feel good in it... :(

I liked the dress, too, but when I got to a store and saw my size I just knew I wouldn't fit me, I didn't even try it on.

I'm sorry, but like you had on your last post, there are lots of pretty dresses that just came out. I'm sure you will find something that will be perfect for you!

Tifani said...

You are beautiful. I have seen other outfits that are better for you than this one. I'm not a fan and think that for the price it isn't doing its job. Send it back.

Ashley Wilson said...

Jan I am so sad that the Wright dress didn't work on you! I think it looks great on you. I also think it is funny that I posted how much I love mine today (very ironic). Sorry that it didn't work! I really am bummed for you! Now at least you can return it for something you really love. I can't wait to see what you get!