Tuesday, April 27, 2010

OOTD - Old School

I have quite the stockpile of Boden cardigans hanging in my closet. The fun prints and bright colors would get me every time a new "range" would roll out. I couldn't stop ordering them, especially when Johnnie would send me emails offering 30% off. I finally came to two realizations though (1) as fun as these cardigans are, what I really needed to be adding to my collection, were some solid colors (2) the boxy fit wasn't the most flattering for me. I've actually even considered putting the whole lot of them on Ebay. But they are just too happy to look at. And I'm going to be better about actually wearing them, too.
For those of you who don't already own 20 of these things, you can find them here

11 comments:

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

I love Boden! I really like that they're not afraid of bold patterns and colors, and their combos are always so cute and quirky. Plus the discount codes and FS doesn't hurt either.

I agree, the fit of their stuff seems mildly boxy, but maybe that's bc they don't offer petite sizing (hint, hint, Boden).

I think you should keep your Boden cardis. They're so unique and great for a day when you want a punch of color. If nothing else, you can always belt them!

Sara-You, Me and Anthropologie said...

Thanks so much for the Polyvore info! I can't wait to get a new computer so I can start using it!

Diem said...

You are too funny! I have a couple of Boden cardigans, but both are solids. I was never brave enough to venture into their bold patterns. On the bright side, the quality on the Boden sweaters are top notch. No piling, shrinkage....they've held their shape so far.

Lifeasahoosier said...

You are too cute Jan!!! Seriously you are the best dressed mom I know! I have only bought my kids things from Boden and only if they are on sale....and that still is expensive...but oh so cute and great quality! I do look at their catalog and have found a few things that have caught my eye....I will revisit them...thanks!

Jenni said...

You look so cute in that cardi! I've actually never ordered anything from Boden...maybe I'll have to take a look again...perhaps not today though. Just made a J Crew sale purchase! oops! =)

Jan Russell said...

Boden really does have great quality stuff, awesome customer service and I'm convinced the cutest boys clothes the world over.

Jenni - oooh, me too. I ordered twice, once with free shipping and once because I couldn't resist the Pink Frost Jackie that popped back in my size.

SRP said...

I have not been down Boden Avenue yet... I don't know, something is holding me back. Your cardigan is adorable though, i would definitely wear that. I went from like 2 cardigans to 2,000 in the past year. It's an addiction.

Peggy said...

You look super cute and I love your look today! Keep all those cardis and start wearing and posting the outfits! I want to see the rest of them. How on earth did you get back to your size so quickly when your little guy is still a baby? You go girl!

LRA said...

Cute outfit, again------where are those shoes from? Love them!

Jan Russell said...

mrs.a - they are my recent Target purchase, here is the link
http://www.target.com/Mossimo-Presta-Wedge-Sandals-Cognac/dp/B002RCPKZ4/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid5&qid=1271679692&frombrowse=0&fromGsearch=true&node=1038576%7C1287991011&keywords=mossimo%20wedge&sessionID=188-7628969-8196261&searchSize=90&searchBinNameList=purchasing_channel%2Csubjectbin%2Ctarget_com_age%2Ctarget_com_gender-bin%2Ctarget_com_character-bin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&searchNodeID=1038576%7C1287991011&searchRank=-price&sr=1-16&searchPage=1

Jan Russell said...

Wow. I have no idea why that link is so long, but if you c&p it does work...