Monday, April 5, 2010

OOTD - diamonds in the rough

My closest mall has slim-pickings when it comes to stores, no Nordstrom's, no J.Crew, no Anthro...
Recently, I've tried branching out from my standby store (The Loft) and I've found some goodies in unexpected places. This ruffle top was an additional 30% off the sale price at my Limited. Plus, some seriously sweet customer gave me a coupon in line for another $30 off my entire purchase. How can you beat this?
Striped Ruffle Top
And I had an exchange for Forever21 and since nautical was already on my mind, I had to try this jacket. I wish I could find it online, because it is NICE - shockingly, nice.

$37.80 and look at the lining! LOVE.
It pays to keep an open mind!

11 comments:

Gemma said...

What a cute outfit! The jacket is great, too. I like the pop of red color with the headband and necklace. Hope you all had a great easter!

Peggy said...

Oh my - you look super cute today! I love the nautical! And look, you are wearing a headband and it looks great! I got a pair of wide leg denim this weekend - now I'm excited to try them out! That coat is awesome - F21? Wow! What is the material? Is it like jersey material? Looks comfy. Way to go on the deals and finds!

LRA said...

Loving the ruffle top you are wearing----super cute outfit!!

SRP said...

love it! Are those peep toe flats your wearing? I am thinking about busting mine out tomorrow :)

Kristi said...

Fabulous outfit! That shirt is super cute on you, and that jacket was an amazing find.

Sara-You, Me and Anthropologie said...

I'm trying to shop at other stores too since Anthro shopping is killing my budget! Ann Taylor Loft/Limited/Old Navy actually have some pretty cute things, I just haven't taken the time to go in those stores recently. Love the outfit!

Pamela said...

What a supercute outfit. The red works perfect with the navy. What a great interpretation of the nautical look. I love it!

Lifeasahoosier said...

You look awesome!!! I love that striped top, coat, jeans...everything!! It pays to branch out. Did you pick anything up from today's Anthro sale???

Robyn said...

I've never even considered Forever 21, but after seeing that cute lace top and this awesome jacket, I'm going to give it a shot! I've been doing well at Loft and ON lately too.

Jan Russell said...

Thanks for all the sweet words on this outfit - the red headband made me feel cheery all day (I did take it off in the house though, because it was bringing on a headache. Weird because it wasn't tight at all???)

Peggy - yes jersey, and YES comfy!

Shana - cheapie peep toes from ON a couple of years ago, this was only the second time I've worn them!

Carrie - I caved to the sale! Did you?

Robyn - report back if you find anything good :)

Jenni said...

Love this look! So much that I went out searching got that cute top and bought it! Love your style!