Wednesday, April 28, 2010

OOTD - I'm Okay With That

Copycat, Thief, Repeat Offender? Yeah, it's all good.

Yesterday Sara posted about feeling bad when she copies an outfit she sees on another blogger, from head to toe. And Maria posted about feeling bad when she duplicates an entire outfit that she's worn before. And Sweet Tea in Seattle? Well, she posted this great Polyvore set, that I'm wearing for the third time this month. Maybe the guilt just hasn't set in yet?
I'm finally wearing a scarf!
Thank you Sweet Tea! And just a head's up...I really like the outfit you wore yesterday, too...

13 comments:

Peggy said...

Looks awesome - I see why you have worn it 3 times!

Unknown said...

i just found your blog and really like it.
i will duplicate this outfit with my aqua jackie from last summer.

sparrowsandsparkles said...

You are too cute! Thank you for the shout-out. Glad you liked the outfit ideas :) Have a great week!

Kristie said...

You always looks so super cute!

Tifani said...

It's 2010, right? I'm pretty sure all of the original ideas available in the world were used up about 30 years ago. ;)

And you look smashing. Love the scarf. I have a similar one that I adore, and I plan on making my own ruffle version some time next week.

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

I don't feel guilty about taking inspiration from another blogger - isn't that part of the point of fasion blogging, so we can all inspire each other?

You look great as usual!

KristinH said...

If I love an outfit I will definitely wear it again! I will probably wear it multiple times- probably just space it out a few weeks. I don't seem to understand why you wouldn't repeat an awesome outfit. Why not wear the clothes you love!

LRA said...

Lovely outfit, I must agree!! Love the scarf!!

Unknown said...

I think any blogger/PV'er would be flattered if someone copied their outfit idea! I love that we're all "helping" each other out! :)

And I agree with KristinH--wear the clothes you love! And if it's a whole outfit you love--wear it lots of times! It seems wasteful, IMHO, to buy clothes to only wear them once or twice. I do try to mix up what I pair things with, but if a whole outfit works great, I say wear it lots of times! Anyway, isn't the idea that we're supposed to wear the clothes, they're not supposed to wear us? So it's more about how we're presenting ourselves and if we shine in a particular outfit than we should wear it more often! :)

Peggy said...

Jan - Jan!! Check out this whale blouse!!! To go with your whale sweater!
http://jordanferney.blogspot.com/2010/04/whales.html

Ashley Wilson said...

you look adorable! And I love your post- I wouldn't feel guilty about coping other bloggers. I bet they love you copying them! I love reading your posts/comments- you are a great writer because your personality always comes through (I loved your comment about the Knotted Poppies dress :).

Jenni said...

You look so cute! People post on their blogs to give ideas so I say their free game to copy!

Lifeasahoosier said...

It's not copying...it's just being inspired!! :)