I was able to return my Loft order over the weekend, and found some cute tees to take home in exchange for my rejected items. If you missed out on Friends & Family, The Loft is now running a promo for 30% off full-priced tees and tanks. I'm actually wearing the outfit on the left today, but try as I might, I can't get the ivory beading to show up in a photograph. I love these tees because of their pretty details and "throw on with jeans" appeal.
Last week I noticed a pop-back in the Anthropologie catalog, for the Golden Discs Oxford's. The shoes are not exactly "me", but I think they are really cute, and figured I would give them a try. I rarely buy black shoes, so these could actually help fill the void if I can pull them off. The Flowing Tiers Tank reminds me of my new Pearly Glow top (worn here) I haven't ordered it yet, but it's creeping up on my wishlist.

GoldenDiscsOxfords by JanRussell
And finally, the whale sweater is on it's way to me from LL Bean. I'm already plotting a course of action in the event that it's too big...anyone ever shrink a sweater? I wonder if I could simply ask my husband to wash it? Seems like the men are always being accused of laundry misdemeanors...
Did anyone shop this weekend? I'd love to hear what goodies you are stashing in your closets for Summer!


9 comments:
You know I did some shopping this weekend! I grabbed the perfect pencil skirt in dusty blossom (finally popped back up in my size) and the victoria cami in heather (backordered...boo) from J Crew and an open cardigan and a layered tank from Banana Republic. Oh, and I also snagged two pairs of shoes on F & F presale at Macy's (gotta take advantage of the last few days of my employee discount).
I saw some new rollouts at the Loft today that aren't online yet...cute stuff!
Polyvore is my playground, too:) Love ATL tees, I got a few last summer, haven't gone into the store lately, though, with preggo belly:)
Debye - I am dying for JCrew to put up their Extra20/Final Sale - my cart is loaded up and ready to go - tapping foot.
mrs.anketell - you are going to have so much fun refreshing your wardrobe once your little peanut makes their appearance! Layette AND new clothes for you - double the cute!
I have a HUGE favor to ask...I'm a Polyvore virgin and have no clue what I'm doing when I get on the website! Could you somehow teach me the basics of Polyvore? I just want to be able to put Anthro outfits together and then post them on my blog. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Jan, I'm fairly new to Polyvore and really love it! I can't clip items from Loft, though. Would you mind sharing how you do it?! Thanks! :) I tried on the Flowing Tiers Tank and it looks really cute on. The Pearly Glow top looks awesome on you! Maybe they will have similar fits. And that whale sweater is SO adorable! I would totally wear it. I'd be scared to shrink it! But I guess if it's big all over then you'd want to shrink the whole thing. I guess the old washer and dryer could do it. I've heard boiling clothes can REALLY shrink them, but don't know if I'd be brave enough to try it!
Sara--Polyvore has some good tutorial videos on how to create sets, etc. Click on the Help link at the very top right of the page. They make it really easy to understand how to use PV. If you still have questions, feel free to find me on PV (kittywitty) and send me a message there or email me at makdoggett@verizon.net. I might not have all the answers b/c I'm new to it myself, but I can try to help! :)
Amy - I am so glad you chimed in about Polyvore, I couldn't find Sara's email, so I just posted some bare bones basics over on her blog, to hopefully get her started. It really has gotten easier just by playing around each day - I am super new to Polyvore and still learning! Just yesterday, Debye had a question about adding text to sets, and I was so happy to finally learn how! I'm glad I'm not the only one still getting my feet wet.
On the Loft website, I can only clip images from the "categories" pages. For instance, if I click on "tops" and the whole page of tops pops up, I can then click and clip those smaller sized images to Polyvore. This isn't that great, because I can't change to another color on the categories pages, and sometimes I want to clip the blue shirt, and not the gray or what have you. Another thing I've tried is going to "New Tab" and then selecting the STORE option for Ann Taylor Loft (there is shop the brand, and shop the store option)- sometimes the images I want can be found under the store tab.
Thanks so much for the tips, Jan! I'll try it out! :)
I can't wait to see you in that whale sweater...too sweet! I haven't done too much in polyvore but I like seeing what you come up with....great stuff girl!
I had a personal question....is your husband a writer? I wondered because you mentioned something about some writer thing he stayed home for...you don't have to answer if you don't want to! :)
Hi Carrie - I never mind personal questions! Harrison is actually my 1st grader, and his class had a "Writer's Celebration" at school on Friday so the parents could read the books the kids have been working on throughout the year. I gab all about the boys over here -
http://weareallfulluponcrazy.blogspot.com/
Jonathan, my husband, is an attorney ;)
And the whale sweater just came! It's so cute, and surprisingly, it fits well, too - LLBean has surprised me on this one!
Post a Comment