Friday, April 16, 2010

OOTD - Celebratory

Today is a busy day. Graham has his six month well visit, the appraiser is coming out to our house at 4 (I don't understand too much about this, but apparently our house will appraise for less then we paid two years ago (lovely) (I try not to cry too much about it since we plan to be here 20+ years) and then our taxes will be lowered??? At 6 o'clock I need to run Harrison to a laser tag birthday party...which is where the celebratory comes in...
Anthropologie Celebratory Blouse
Merona Cardigan
J. Crew Hipslung Capris
Aerosoles (what is with me and elderly shoe brands?) Wedge

Hey - and it's FRIDAY - the weekend is always cause for celebration!
yes, even if I have to spend all day Saturday on the baseball field...

13 comments:

andrea said...

um you should maybe wear those jeans every single day of your life...you look so teeny tiny. I mean I know you are teeny tiny but that is beside the point. You look A-MAZING. Excuse me while I go drive myself off a cliff.

I can't WAIT until I lose this dumb baby weight and can actually go and buy the outfits you are wearing.

Pamela said...

I am the same with some of my shoe brands--sofft, naturalizer, etc! Hey, they are totally stylish AND comfortable! What more can a girl want? I think those comfort brands have really changed their look and are very on trend. NOW...if you start wearing SAS shoes, we MAY have a problem! ;-)

anna said...

hi! i feel like i should leave a comment since i just blog stalked you for an hour.

first, i want to say that i love your style! i love this blouse on you. it is darling!! i also love those jeans and i'm going out to buy them TODAY!

i am a mother of three, two of them boys. i often spend my days inside (unless it is sunny outside) and i still get dressed up every day. whenever i see the doctor, the nurses ask me why i'm so dressed up?! it makes me wonder what the other mothers that come in there are wearing. anyway, i feel depressed if i hang out in sweatpants EVERY day. it seems you feel the same way.

thank you for blogging. it makes me feel less alone in the mommy-world.

Jess said...

Jan, LOVE those jeans and that top might be my current favorite of yours! You should wear that outfit again tomorrow it's so cute.

Gemma said...

Cute outfit today including the shoes! Have a great weekend!

Peggy said...

awesome outfit!! I too buy the elderly brands! I just got THE cutest pair of snakeskin wedges that are Aerosoles - so comfy!

Jan Russell said...

Andrea - if you drive off a cliff, that would leave Piper's wardrobe in Brian's hands. Can you imagine??? Shudder.

Pamela/Peggy - I know right, I can't believe it sometimes when I turn a cute shoe over and see the brand!

Anna - thank you so much for your sweet comment, I feel the same way! I love to read blogs and find other like-minded mama's!

Jess - that might be a *bit* soon to repeat the outfit, lol.

Gemma - I keep meaning to say that I think it's 100% awesome that you dress in a way that makes you feel happy and pretty - even if it is only for carpool! I only feel self concious becuase I like in a VERY casual area and I feel like the other women look at me and roll their eyes like I am some sort of prima donna??? But whatever. In fact, I might even do a month of wearing nothing but skirts and dresses, I have SO many - what am I saving them for??? Why not, right?!

Thanks for all the positive feedback girls - I REALLY appreciate it :)

LRA said...

love the shoes------i agree, super cute outfit!!!

Jess said...

Ok so LOVE the jeans ... did you get them recently? I think I need them! Also I LOVE the shoes, seriously love them! Were those purchased recently as well? I swear some of those "old woman" brands are the most comfortable and with being a mom that is the best!

Jan Russell said...

mrs. anketell & Jess - thanks for the compliments on the shoes, I scored them for $24.99 at my local Marshalls!

Jess - I was able to find them on Aerosoles website as well and update the post with a link. Here they are:
http://www.aerosoles.com/product1.asp?P=GUAVAPLUSH

The jeans are three years old - I don't see this style currently on J. Crew's website, but if you search Ebay for "J Crew Hipslung" there seem to be a bunch for sale! Hope that helps!

Gemma said...

Hey Jan. That's exactly why I don't want to dress up sometimes...I don't want rolling eyes. Like I felt funny wearing my Two Wheeler today to go to Lowes and Toys R Us. But you're right, what am I saving it for? I have too many clothes with tags still on them and I should just go for it!

Tifani said...

My favorite outfit today. You are adorable!

KristinH said...

Jan,
Love this outfit! I am not a mom yet, but this is how I would like to dress when I do have young kids. And I won't care what other moms think. As long as I feel good, who cares!